On Tuesday, Chivas USA acquired midfielder Nathan Sturgis via trade. Once he hits the field in a competitive game for the Goats, Sturgis will break a record for most MLS teams played for in a career, with seven. The guy is only 26 years old!
It turns out, if a player is going to get around the league, he's practically required to make a stop at some point with Chivas USA. Here are the players who have played for six teams in their MLS career:
- Ezra Hendrickson (MetroStars, LA Galaxy, Dallas Burn, D.C. United, Chivas USA, Columbus Crew)
- Carey Talley (D.C. United, Kansas City Wizards, FC Dallas, Real Salt Lake, Chivas USA, New York Red Bulls)
- Alejandro Moreno (LA Galaxy, San Jose Earthquakes, Houston Dynamo, Columbus Crew, Philadelphia Union, Chivas USA)
- Andy Williams (Columbus Crew, Miami Fusion, New England Revolution, MetroStars, Chicago Fire, Real Salt Lake)
- James Riley (New England Revolution, San Jose Earthquakes, Seattle Sounders, Chivas USA, D.C. United, LA Galaxy)
- Nathan Sturgis (LA Galaxy, Real Salt Lake, Seattle Sounders, Toronto FC, Houston Dynamo, Colorado Rapids, Chivas USA*)