The Orange County Blues finally got in on the action around USL in announcing player moves on Wednesday, announcing they have re-signed midfielder Christopher Santana. The 23-year-old played the past two seasons with the Blues, originally signing alongside brother Giovanni after a tryout before the 2014 season.
"Chino was an important part of our success last season" said Orange County head coach Oliver Wyss in a team statement. "There were a number of teams interested in Chino so we are delighted that he has decided to stay with us. We look forward to working with him again and to continue assisting his development."
Santana broke through over the course of the season, playing his way into the starting lineup and becoming a fixture through the team's rise up the Western Conference standings.
"I am very excited to return to the OC Blues next season," said Santana. "We saw a lot of improvement last year and I'm ready to keep building on our success in 2016."
Santana's signing is the first confirmed by the club for the coming 2016 season. It's still early, so don't expect a full roster rollout any time soon, but hopefully the Blues will announce more of the core that played so well in turning the team's fortunes around in 2015 will return, and maybe a few upgrades, too. Either way, we'll keep you posted on roster updates as we hear about them.
What do you think? Leave a comment below!