Another roster update from the Orange County Blues, this time concerning the club's top defender from 2015. The Blues announced on Thursday they have re-signed center back Brenton Griffiths.
Griffiths, 24, will return for his third season with the Blues, having joined during the 2014 campaign. Last season, he made 28 appearances across all competitions, scoring three goals and tallying an assist in league action. He was also the Blues' lone selection for USL year-end honors, being named a USL All-League 2nd team selection.
"Brenton had a fantastic season last year and was rightly recognized by the USL for his outstanding performances," said OC head coach and general manager Oliver Wyss in a team statement. "It is important for the club to keep hold of this high quality player and we are delighted Brenton has decided to stay with us. We are looking forward to another successful year with him on board."
"I am really excited that I have gotten the opportunity to re-sign with this amazing organization," said Griffiths. "It brings me joy to know that I will be continuing my growth as a player in Orange County with an amazing coaching staff and a great group of players."
The return of Griffiths brings the status of the Blues roster to eight announced players, joining fellow returnees Tyler Feeley, Pavle Popara, Christopher Santana, Nikola Ilich, Ryan Felix and newcomers Trevin Caesar and Brandon Miller. OC's training camp will open next week.
What do you think? Leave a comment below!