Los Angeles Football Club took MLS by storm in 2018, taking a playoff spot in their first ever season.
Throughout the year, the team was best known for its attacking skill and flair. Still, LAFC had some good performers at the back, and we want you to tell us who was the best this season.
Here are the nominees:
- Walker Zimmerman: A maturing and explosive center back. Really came into his own after the departure of Laurent Ciman, and discovered a goal scoring touch late in the season.
- Dejan Jakovic: An experienced MLS defender, he had his moments early in the season, but fell down the pecking order as the first-choice pair were consistently available. Solid Center back play when called upon.
- Joao Moutinho: A SuperDraft pick who really hit the ground running. Young, energetic, and solid enough defensively to get a decent amount of playing time as a 20-year-old rookie.
- Danilo Silva: Experienced center back picked up midseason to replace Ciman. His stint at LAFC was a lot like his performance in the playoff game against Real Salt Lake, up and down. A starter, but hurt a fair amount.
- Tristan Blackmon: Another draft pick, Blackmon did not quite catch on the way Moutinho did. He was a depth player on the backline, and made 10 appearances with LAFC before being loaned to Phoenix Rising for the rest of the season, where he was a regular.
- Jordan Harvey: Solid contributor in defense. Had to wait for his turn as Moutinho took the early starts, but was the undisputed left back starter by the end of the season.
- Laurent Ciman: The first captain and leader at the back. Had his fair share of errors, but was experienced and performed well at the back. Also had his fair share of free kick goals, including the memorable winner in the home opener against the Seattle Sounders.
- Steven Beitashour: Savvy MLS veteran who performed well going forward and defending in his right back position. One of the most consistent players on the team.
So, who do you think was LAFC’s best defender this year? Let us know, and spread the word on this vote.
Who was LAFC’s best defender in 2018?
This poll is closed