clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Orange County SC sign midfielder Sebastien Des Pres

San Diego native returns to California for next step in pro career.

Courtesy of Orange County SC

Orange County SC announced on Thursday they have signed their first new player for the 2019 season, midfielder Sebastien Des Pres, on a multiyear deal.

Des Pres, who will turn 20 on Sunday, joins after beginning his professional career in England, most recently with League One (third-tier) side Fleetwood Town, and prior to that, with League Two outfit Blackpool, where he made two appearances in the EFL Trophy.

Born in coastal San Diego County in Encinitas, the San Diego native played academy soccer in Real Salt Lake’s system before signing his first pro contract with Blackpool. Eligible to represent both France and the United States, he’s received call-ups to the U.S. U-19s and U-20s.

“I’m very excited to add Sebastien to our team. He has trained with us over the past month and has shown that he has the character and work ethic that we are looking for. He is a young player that plays with a maturity that is rare to find. He will be a fantastic addition to an already strong midfield,” said Orange County SC head coach Braeden Cloutier in a team statement.

“I’m really excited to be back home in sunny California with the opportunity to play for Orange County SC,” said Des Pres. “The coaches have been really good to me since I have been back, and it’s a competitive environment for me to continue my training and hopefully prepare myself for the next step in my soccer career.”

The signing means three players have been confirmed so far for the 2019 season. In addition to newcomer Des Pres, Orange County signed midfielder Aodhan Quinn and forward Michael Seaton to contract extensions in recent weeks.

What do you think? Leave a comment below!