Thirteen LAFC Slammers Academy players signed national letters of intent on national signing day last week.
Those players will now prepare to play on the collegiate level.
According to U.S. Soccer, Real Colorado led all girls clubs with 26 players signing to play college soccer while Philadelphia Union’s boys club had 18 – leading all boy’s clubs. Obviously, LAFC’s boys academy had no participants on signing day, as that side of the academy has not been built out to the higher age groups yet.
Two LAFC Slammers players – Madison Curry and Gabriela Juarez – signed to play collegiate soccer at Princeton University while Jesse Loren and Renee Thomas both inked letters to play at the University of Colorado.
University of Notre Dame picked up academy players Mattison Intern and Genevieve Watkins.
USYNT player Jenna Nighswonger is headed to women’s NCAA powerhouse Florida State.
Here is a complete list of LAFC Slammers Academy players who signed letters of intent during the signing period:
- Sara Affleck Brigham Young University
- Madison Curry Princeton University
- Lauren Fuchs University of San Diego
- Sydney Garces Arizona State University
- Abigail Greubel Stanford University
- Mattison Intern University of Notre Dame
- Gabriella Juarez Princeton University
- Jesse Loren University of Colorado
- Madison Louderback University of San Diego
- Destinee Manzo University of Portland
- Jenna Nighswonger Florida State University
- Renee Thomas University of Colorado
- Genevieve Watkins University of Notre Dame
Source: U.S. Soccer
What do you think? Post your comment below!