With just a day until Los Angeles Football Club travel outside the city to Carson to face on LA’s other Major League Soccer club, we thought it would be fitting to throw some trash talk out there. Think of this post as the hype post (in roast format) for the first “El Trafico“ between LAFC and the LA Galaxy.
Ahem. Taps microphone, spotlight goes on, index cards at the ready
- The Galaxy’s manager has more MLS Cup titles than the club has wins in this season.
- The Galaxy also have as many red cards this season as wins. Meanwhile, LAFC have literally never lost a match in their history.
- LAFC Designated Players have double the number of goals that Galaxy DP’s do, and five times the assists.
- The Galaxy claim to be the Real Madrid of MLS, but play more like Las Palmas.
- The Galaxy managed to be the only team with fewer wins than D.C. United and Colorado Rapids last season. Meanwhile, LAFC is 2-0 all-time, so 1/4 of the way to matching the daunting record set forth by the Galaxy last season.
- The 67 goals allowed by the Galaxy last season are not only second worst to Minnesota United, but is tied for 5th worst ALL TIME in MLS history. But remember, they could contend in the West this year!
- The best player on the Galaxy is 36 years old and coming off a knee injury, while LAFC’s best player is at the ripe age of 20 and is leading MLS in assists, and third in goals scored.
- The only thing worse than LA traffic is getting from the city to a game in Carson...And the only thing worse than the commute to Carson is the Galaxy defense.
- Sigi Schmid said earlier that he does not think about LAFC at all. Apparently, his team does not either, nor do they think much about the ball going into the back of their net.
- Gio dos Santos is the highest paid player on the Galaxy...But the only thing more brutal is how ineffective he is on the pitch.
- ...And worse than that? Steven Gerrard. No punchline necessary.
- Finally, since Bruce Arena left, the Galaxy are the second best club in (or around) the city, third best club in the state of California, and sixth best on the West Coast.
If YOU have any Galaxy roasting content, let us know in the comments or @Angels_Parade on Twitter!