Los Angeles Football Club returned to winning ways on Saturday, as they posted a 4-2 victory over Toronto FC in Ontario. A brace from Carlos Vela (sorta), a goal for Diego Rossi, and a tally from Lee Nguyen bettered Jozy Altidore’s brace on the night.
So it’s that time again...we need you to vote for Man of the Match. There were so many nominees this time among Angels on Parade staff, we sprung for five in this one:
- Eduard Atuesta: The young Colombian has taken advantage of Mark-Anthony Kaye’s absence to keep hold of a regular playing spot, and he was great in this match, keeping TFC off balance enough in midfield to help the cause.
- Tyler Miller: The goalkeeper had five saves, including a couple vital stops in the first half to help LAFC weather a nervy opening.
- Lee Nguyen: The newly-minted two-way midfielder hit a banger that turned out to be the winner.
- Diego Rossi: Technically scored just the one goal, a lovely half-volley blast, but he also shot the ball that turned out to be Vela’s first, and was a terror for TFC’s defense.
- Carlos Vela: Enormous asterisk on his first goal, which deflected off his arm, but his final goal was an incredible golazo in a game full of them. He’s now on 11 goals for the season.
Who gets your vote? Cast your ballot and let us know!
Who was LAFC’s Man of the Match vs. Toronto FC?
This poll is closed