Los Angeles Football Club beat Sporting Kansas City 2-1 on Sunday to open the 2019 MLS regular season. After going down in the first half, LAFC came back in the second with goals from Diego Rossi and Adama Diomande.
The game was tight but turned out in LAFC’s favor, and now it’s time to decide the Man of the Match for the winning side. The nominees:
- Eduard Atuesta: Had an assist, mixed it up with Sporting’s rugged midfield and put in an assured 90 minutes.
- Adama Diomande: Came off the bench for about a half hour and, oh yeah, scored a killer winning goal at the death.
- Diego Rossi: Kickstarted the rally with an outstanding individual goal of his own.
- Carlos Vela: Didn’t get on the scoresheet for this one, but had a terrific night in propelling LAFC’s attack, taking many fouls for the team and wowing with his skill.
- Walker Zimmerman: Kept the defense marshaled and had some timely interventions in the back.
Who gets your vote? Cast your ballot and let us know why in the comments below!
Who was LAFC’s Man of the Match against SKC?
This poll is closed