Los Angeles Football Club dug deep and beat the Houston Dynamo 3-1 at BBVA Stadium on Friday. Not only was it Houston’s first home loss of the season, but LAFC rested a slew of starters, including three-quarters of their defense and top scorers Diego Rossi (who came off the bench) and Carlos Vela, and were coming into the game having played in LA on Wednesday. But after going down early, a brace from Adama Diomande and a late clincher from Rossi gave the black-and-gold all the points.
Now, it’s time to pick the Man of the Match for LAFC. There were plenty of candidates to choose from, as you’ll see among the nominees, selected by Angels on Parade staff.
- Adama Diomande: Scored the much-needed goals to flip the result from a loss to a win. Dio has been hampered by injury issues this season but this was by far his biggest game of the campaign to date.
- Mohamed El-Munir: The left back made a game-saving tackle on an open net in the first half to keep LAFC in the game. Without that play, the outcome would have likely been completely different.
- Mark-Anthony Kaye: The only regular in midfield to start this one, Kaye helped LAFC claw back control in the game and made two decisive passes to set up goals.
- Lee Nguyen: Had two assists to set up both of Diomande’s goals, and for a midfielder who lost his starting spot after Latif Blessing emerged, this was a rousing performance from one of the team’s most technically gifted players.
- Josh Perez: The youngster appears to be snakebitten when it comes to scoring himself, but he helped set up two goals, getting official credit on one assist, his first helper in his MLS career.
So, who gets your vote? Cast your ballot and leave a comment below!
Who was LAFC’s Man of the Match vs. Houston?
This poll is closed