Preseason has opened up for Orange County SC, the club’s 10th season (time flies!) in what is now known as the USL Championship. Braeden Cloutier’s group will kick off the regular season March 6 and preparations are fully under way.
First day of training ✔️ #ForCounty pic.twitter.com/IkdqzZvLO9— Orange County SC (@orangecountysc) January 23, 2020
Let’s catch up on some of the notable news around OCSC.
- Aaron Cervantes talks to Orange & Black Soccercast: The podcast is back for 2020, and in their episode this week, they spoke to goalkeeper Aaron Cervantes, who spoke briefly about his training stint with Scottish giant Rangers and got some insight on the situation with Rangers with Rangers podcaster James Forrest. That, Andy King joins the show, and much more.
- Why an early preseason? Over at the team’s website, there’s a good breakdown of exactly why OCSC are starting preseason so early this year. Above all, the logic behind the early start makes total sense and hopefully will help the team avoid the early-season slump they faced last year.
- Open trialist revealed: Like many USL Championship clubs, Orange County held open tryouts last weekend, and one player made the cut to get an extended look in preseason, in Sam Gomez.
- Preseason schedule: Orange County are a popular opponent for teams in preseason who are based in Southern California, and while the trend seems to be MLS teams playing only a few preseason games this year, OCSC are playing eight preseason clashes, against a variety of opponents.
- What’s on tap? I’m hearing more additions will be coming down in the coming days, naturally. Could we see the first Rangers loanee in short order? We’ll have to see!
For now, what are you most looking forward to from Orange County SC in 2020? Let us know in the comment section, let’s chat!