Los Angeles Football Club will play their second preseason game Friday, but you’ll have to take the club’s word for it, as this one will be closed to the public and media. They’ll be taking on New York City FC, who are also going to be playing in the Concacaf Champions League for the first time in a few weeks, at 12 pm PT at The Banc.
We’ll share the info we can gather from the game, but don’t expect a ton, probably some lineup info, goal info and perhaps, perhaps a video of a goal or two. At any rate, more soccer!
More news for your Friday:
- Schedule change: Minor note, but the club announced that the May 30 game at The Banc against the Houston Dynamo will kick off at 7 pm PT. It was originally listed for 5 pm PT. Mark your calendars accordingly.
- Speaking of MLS calendars...Our friends at Black and Red United had a terrific post in response to the odd sight of their team calendars provided by teams and the league including a blaring, all-day item that was an advertisement yesterday. The current calendar provider quickly distanced itself from this, but needless to say it was rather unpopular.
- Adrien Perez getting love: Dual profiles of the local guy after his goal against Peñarol, in the Daily News and Los Angeles Times. Great to see him getting attention this preseason, and hopefully he can power through for some more playing time.
- Colombia advance in Olympic qualifying: Eduard Atuesta and Eddie Segura’s Colombia have officially advanced in South American Olympic qualifying. They have three more games in the final stage, effectively another group stage against Brazil, Argentina and one more as-yet decided team (could be Diego Rossi and Francisco Ginella’s Uruguay), with the top two finishers among the four qualifying for the Olympics. Congrats and best of luck to Colombia, now in the business end of the tournament.
- LAFC ain’t afraid to sell: Fans have expected Diego Rossi to make a big-money move already, and John Thorrington admits in this profile on MLSsoccer.com by Tom Bogert that the team knows they’re on the clock to make the right move at the right time as proof of concept as a selling club. Very interesting read.
Today’s question: What’s your style for closed-door friendlies like today’s — mash the refresh button on social media or relax and read all about it afterwards? Let’s chat about that and anything that strikes your fancy on this Friday!