The teams in MLS are dropping the full release of their new kits for 2020 on Wednesday evening, including Los Angeles Football Club, whose new jersey is essentially out in the wild if you piece together the not-very-concealing preview images provided by the team in recent days.
But the full drop comes Wednesday night in New York. To celebrate the proceedings closer to home, and get your hands on the new lewk, LAFC has several days of programming to celebrate the drop.
All these events are going on at 1001 N. Broadway in Chinatown, Los Angeles 90012.
- Wednesday, 7:30-10:30 pm: Jersey launch event, with food/drinks, LAFC player appearances, music, jerseys for sale and much more.
- Thursday, 7:30-10:30 pm: Community art night. There will be a tattoo artist on hand, photography shared by team photographer Imad Bolotok, music, food and drinks, and a retail pop-up.
- Friday, 7:30-10:30 pm: 3252 Community rally night. Find a 3252 drum circle, get a chance to take pictures with the Supporters’ Shield, music, merch for sale and food available.
- Saturday: 10 am-1 pm: Community & Wellness Day. The Black & Gold Run Club will do a 5K run, there will be a yoga stretch class, music, food & drinks and merch for sale.
All of the above events are first come, first serve, and attendees are asked to also RSVP in advance, here.
Here’s more news for your Wednesday:
- Cifuentes arrives: It’s official — new signing Jose Cifuentes is in Los Angeles, as he was photographed saying his hellos to his new teammates in street clothes.
- We’ll probably get a sense of his injury status in the coming days, stay tuned for that.
- Reyna scores stunning debut goal: Gio Reyna is the son of former USMNT captain Claudio, but the 17-year-old looks set to blaze his own path in the sport. Playing for Borussia Dortmund in the DFB Pokal yesterday, he hit a terrific goal, and it was his first ever pro goal, no less. Remember the name.
A PERFECT STRIKE!— ESPN FC (@ESPNFC) February 4, 2020
Gio Reyna, son of former USMNT captain Claudio Reyna, scores his first goal for Dortmund! pic.twitter.com/sPSaPIqdH9
Today’s question: Are you going to buy the new jersey? Are you a big jersey wearer or do you go for other merch? Let’s chat in the comments below!